The Chronicle of Ken Muir
Trevercarcou is a vill located in the parish of the same name in the deanery of Glen Ken in Eastern Galloway. Trevercarcou is heavily populated by the Clann macGillolaine. Brother Benedictus and ordained priest and monk of Iona, runs the ministry in the parish from his church in the vill.
This map from the late 1800’s shows where the vill of Trevercacou once stood, marked by the placename Troquhain. To the east is a hill called Knockcrosh, from the Gaelic ‘Cnoc Crois’ meaning ‘hill of the cross’.