The Chronicle of Ken Muir
A vill located in the parish of Dalri, dearnery of Glen Ken in eastern Galloway. It lost several villagers to a pox in the spring of 1171. This vill has been granted by Uchtred to the Knights Hospitaller who are in the process of building a motte and a new church here. Neither of these is completed.
The Church of St. Lasar and the vill of Bogue are located nearby about a mile to the east.
Historical Note: This map from the late 1800’s shows the location of the vill of Dalri, now known as St. John’s Town of Dalry in reference to the Hospitallers. The motte can be seen on he banks of the Ken River.